1. Can iATS arrange an Air Tightness Test for me?

iATS is a Competent Persons Scheme for Air Tightness Testers, we do not carry out the tests ourselves. We offer members of the public a ‘Search for Tester’ facility which is available on the homepage of our website. Using the full or partial postcode of the property to be tested will return the contact details of iATS testers operating within or closest to your area.

2. How can I check whether a tester or certificate is valid?

Under the Information for Members of the Public section on the iATS website there is a ‘Verify Tester’ and ‘Validate Certificate’ search facility. Entering some key data will return results if the tester is approved by iATS, or if the certificate has been lodged through the iATS portal.

3. Can I join from another scheme?

Yes –Please complete the application form found under the ‘Join iATS’ section on the website.

4. What insurance cover should I have?

Registered members must have an appropriate level of professional indemnity and public liability insurance in place which meets their business requirements. All lodged tests through the iATS portal will be covered free of charge for both Professional Indemnity (PI) and Public Liability (PL) insurance.

5. What equipment has to be calibrated annually?

  • Fan
  • Manometer
  • Barometer
  • Thermometer

6. Can my calibration from the manufacturer be submitted to the scheme?

To be valid for testing in the UK you must supply calibration certificates that are provided by a UKAS calibration lab. These will need to be updated annually in line with the Current Procedures.

7. What are the office hours for support?

We are open Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm.

8. Where can I find the iATS Approved Tester logo?

The logo can be found on the iATS Lodgement portal under the Documents section.

9. Can I have an iATS Approved Tester logo with my membership number on?

Yes – Please email your request to manager@iats-uk.org and we can arrange this for you.